Our Water Damage Solutions in Washougal, WA
We need water to survive, but it has the possibility to be dangerous in the wrong place. Problems like leaky appliances, defective plumbing, broken HVAC units or cracked pipes can cause overflow that damages your home. Paul Davis Restoration executes professional, fast water damage restoration on behalf of homeowners in the greater Washougal area.
After experiencing water damage, your property needs more than a simple vacuum to dry excess water. Surfaces like walls are usually more smudged and soaked than they appear. Aged water damage also endangers a home’s foundation and increases mold proliferation in hidden corners. Overlooking water damage can be expensive and time-consuming for homeowners. The Paul Davis Restoration cleanup technicians remedy these issues to ensure your home returns to a livable state rapidly.
We are renowned in the Washougal area as a top-notch and affordable water damage restoration company. Since mold growth is often a consequence of water damage, you should go to our mold removal services page for help if you see any growth in your home. Our professionals let our results be our proof when repairing leaks in your home. Washougal residents can count on our professionals to extract water from your property in an hour or less.
Advice for Water Damage Cleanup
If you discover water damage in your basement, follow these safety measures to guarantee safe restoration:
- Set up dehumidifiers by the flooded spot.
- Use two or more fans to circulate the air and dry the area.
- Clean up as much water as possible.
- Loop draperies through a coat hanger and hang them on the drapery rod. This protects curtains from the wet area.
- Dry wet cushions and lift up furniture on wood blocks with foil beneath furniture base.
- Open all damaged drawers to dry the woodwork and its contents.
- Move photos, paintings and art to a protected and dry location.
- Remove and dry damp fabrics as soon as you can.
- Withdraw wet books from cases and separate pages as much as you can.
- Do not use a regular vacuum cleaner to soak up water.
- Abstain from using electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors.
- Don’t step in still water if the electricity is still switched on around it.
- Do not lift the carpet up because it can cause improper shrinkage.
- Do not procrastinate calling professional restoration. More damage will occur the longer you wait.
If burst pipes or another event has caused water damage in your home, don’t wait to handle it. Call Paul Davis of Washougal, WA today for a quote.