The Best Water Damage Solutions in Vancouver, WA
We need water to survive, but it has the possibility to be dangerous in the wrong place. Issues like faulty appliances, defective plumbing, inadequate HVAC units or burst pipes can cause overflow that harms your home. Paul Davis Restoration performs effective, efficient water damage restoration for homeowners in the greater Vancouver area.
After taking on water damage, your property requires more than a basic vacuum to dry surplus water. Surfaces like ceilings are often more discolored and drenched than they appear. Aged water damage also endangers a home’s foundation and adds to mold growth in hidden corners. Neglecting water damage can cost you time and money as a homeowner. The Paul Davis Restoration cleanup technicians fix these problems to ensure your home returns to a livable state immediately.
We are renowned in the Vancouver area as a superior and reasonably priced water damage restoration company. Since mold growth is often a side effect of water damage, you should visit our mold removal services page for help if you spot any growth in your house. Our professionals let our results speak for themselves when cleaning up leaks in your home. Vancouver residents can depend on our professionals to extract water from your property in an hour or less.
If you find water damage in your basement, adhere to these precautions to guarantee safe restoration:
- Use dehumidifiers by the flooded spot.
- Use two or more fans to circulate the air and dry the area.
- Mop up as much water as possible.
- Loop draperies through a coat hanger and hang them on the drapery rod. This keeps curtains away from the wet area.
- Dry wet cushions and elevate furniture on wood blocks with foil beneath furniture base.
- Open all damaged drawers to dry the woodwork and its contents.
- Store photos, paintings and other art in a safe and dry location.
- Pull out and dry damp fabrics as soon as you can.
- Transfer wet books from cases and peel apart pages as much as you can.
- Do not use a standard vacuum cleaner to soak up water.
- Abstain from using electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors.
- Don’t step in stagnant water if the electricity is still on around it.
- Do not pull up carpet because it can cause improper shrinkage.
- Do not procrastinate calling professional restoration. More damage will occur the longer you wait.
Do you have water damage in your house? Don’t wait to call an expert. Call Paul Davis of Vancouver, WA today for an estimate.