Our Water Damage Solutions in Silverlake, WA
We need water to survive, but it has potential to be devastating in the wrong place. Issues like leaky appliances, defective plumbing, inadequate HVAC units or burst pipes can cause overflow that impairs your home. Paul Davis Restoration executes professional, efficient water damage restoration on behalf of homeowners in the greater Silverlake area.
Once it’s undergone water damage, your property needs more than a simple vacuum to dry extra water. Surfaces like draperies are typically more discolored and wet than they appear. Old water damage also endangers a home’s foundation and increases mold growth in hidden corners. Neglecting water damage can cost you time and money as a homeowner. The Paul Davis Restoration cleanup technicians fix these problems to ensure your home returns to a habitable state immediately.
We are well-known in the Silverlake area as a top-notch and affordable water damage restoration company. Since mold growth is often a side effect of water damage, you should visit our mold removal services page for help if you see any growth in your home. Our professionals let our results speak for themselves when dealing with leaks on your property. Silverlake residents can count on our professionals to eliminate water from your home in an hour or less.
If you find water damage in any room in your house, follow these safety measures to ensure safe restoration:
- Use dehumidifiers by the flooded spot.
- Use two or more fans to circulate the air and dry the area.
- Mop up as much water as possible.
- Loop drapes through a coat hanger and place them on the drapery rod. This protects curtains from the wet area.
- Dry wet cushions and lift up furniture on wood blocks with foil underneath furniture base.
- Open all affected drawers to dry the woodwork and its contents.
- Move photos, paintings and art to a secure and dry location.
- Extract and dry damp fabrics as soon as you can.
- Remove wet books from cases and peel apart pages as much as you can.
- Do not use a regular vacuum cleaner to soak up water.
- Avoid using electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors.
- Never step in standing water if the electricity is still on around it.
- Do not lift the carpet up because it can cause improper shrinkage.
- Do not procrastinate calling professional restoration. More damage will occur the longer you wait.
Water can seriously damage your house, so don’t wait to get in touch with our qualified restoration team. Call Paul Davis of Silverlake, WA today for an estimate.