The Best Water Damage Solutions in Silverlake, WA
Water is fundamental, but it has potential to be devastating in the wrong place. Problems like faulty appliances, defective plumbing, broken HVAC units or burst pipes can cause overflow that affects your home. Paul Davis Restoration performs specialized, fast water damage restoration for homeowners in the greater Silverlake area.
Once it’s undergone water damage, your property needs more than a standard vacuum to dry excess water. Surfaces like walls are typically more stained and wet than they appear. Pre-existing water damage also jeopardizes a home’s foundation and increases mold growth in hidden corners. Neglecting water damage can cost you time and money as a homeowner. The Paul Davis Restoration cleanup technicians solve these issues to make sure that your home returns to a habitable state immediately.
Paul Davis Restoration is renowned in the Silverlake area as a superior and reasonably priced water damage restoration company. Since mold growth is often a consequence of water damage, you should visit our mold removal services page for help if you notice any growth in your house. Our professionals let our results be our proof when dealing with leaks in your home. Silverlake residents can rely on our professionals to eliminate water from your home in an hour or less.
Advice for Water Damage Cleanup
If you discover water damage in a specific area of your home, adhere to these safety measures to guarantee safe restoration:
- Place dehumidifiers by the flooded spot.
- Use two or more fans to circulate the air and dry the area.
- Mop up as much water as possible.
- Loop draperies through a coat hanger and hang them on the drapery rod. This keeps curtains away from the wet area.
- Dry wet cushions and raise furniture on wood blocks with foil beneath furniture base.
- Open all damaged drawers to dry the woodwork and its contents.
- Store photos, paintings and other art in a secure and dry location.
- Extract and dry damp fabrics as soon as you can.
- Remove damp books from cases and peel apart pages as much as you can.
- Never use a normal vacuum cleaner to soak up water.
- Abstain from using electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors.
- Never step in stagnant water if the electricity is still on around it.
- Never lift the carpet up because it can cause improper shrinkage.
- Do not procrastinate calling professional restoration. More damage will happen the longer you wait.
Water can majorly damage your house, so don’t wait to get in touch with our professional restoration team. Call Paul Davis of Silverlake, WA today for a quote.