Paul Davis Restoration Water Damage Solutions in Longview, WA
Humans require water for existence, but it has the possibility to be devastating in the wrong place. Issues like leaky appliances, malfunctioning plumbing, broken HVAC units or burst pipes can cause overflow that harms your home. Paul Davis Restoration executes professional, fast water damage restoration for homeowners in the greater Longview area.
Once it’s undergone water damage, your property needs more than a standard vacuum to dry extra water. Surfaces like draperies are often more stained and saturated than they appear. Aged water damage also jeopardizes a home’s foundation and increases mold spreading in hidden corners. Neglecting water damage can cost you time and money as a homeowner. The Paul Davis Restoration cleanup technicians fix these issues to ensure your home returns to a habitable state quickly.
We are famous in the Longview area as a top-notch and reasonably priced water damage restoration company. Since mold growth is often a side effect of water damage, you should visit our mold removal services page for help if you see any growth in your home. Paul Davis restoration technicians let our results be our proof when repairing leaks on your property. Longview residents can count on our professionals to extract water from your property in an hour or less.
Information about Water Damage
If you notice water damage in any room in your house, adhere to these precautions to ensure safe restoration:
- Set up dehumidifiers by the flooded area.
- Use two or more fans to allow air to circle and dry the area.
- Clean up as much water as possible.
- Loop drapes through a coat hanger and place them on the drapery rod. This protects curtains from the wet area.
- Dry wet cushions and elevate furniture on wood blocks with foil beneath furniture base.
- Open all damp drawers to dry the woodwork and its contents.
- Store photos, paintings and other art in a safe and dry location.
- Remove and dry damp fabrics as soon as you can.
- Withdraw wet books from cases and divide pages as much as you can.
- Do not use a standard vacuum cleaner to soak up water.
- Avoid using electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors.
- Don’t step in still water if the electricity is still on around it.
- Do not pull up carpet because it can cause improper shrinkage.
- Do not wait to call for professional restoration. More damage will occur the longer you wait.
If there is water damage in your home, don’t wait to handle it. Call Paul Davis of Longview, WA today for a quote.