Superior Water Damage Services in Vernonia, OR
Humans require water for existence, but it has the possibility to be hazardous in the wrong place. Issues like leaky appliances, deficient plumbing, inadequate HVAC units or burst pipes can cause overflow that harms your home. Paul Davis Restoration executes effective, fast water damage restoration for homeowners in the greater Vernonia area.
After experiencing water damage, your property needs more than a basic vacuum to dry surplus water. Surfaces like draperies are usually more discolored and saturated than they appear. Old water damage also compromises a home’s foundation and adds to mold proliferation in hidden corners. Neglecting water damage can be costly and time-consuming for homeowners. The Paul Davis Restoration cleanup technicians solve these issues to ensure your home returns to a habitable state rapidly.
Paul Davis Restoration is famous in the Vernonia area as a high-quality and reasonably priced water damage restoration company. Since mold growth is often a side effect of water damage, you should visit our mold removal services page for help if you notice any growth in your house. Paul Davis restoration technicians let our results speak for themselves when handling leaks on your property. Vernonia residents can rely on our professionals to remove water from your property in an hour or less.
Water Damage Cleanup Tips
If you find water damage in a specific area of your home, follow these safety measures to ensure safe restoration:
- Set up dehumidifiers by the flooded area.
- Use two or more fans to allow air to circle and dry the area.
- Clean up as much water as possible.
- Loop hangings through a coat hanger and put them on the drapery rod. This keeps curtains away from the wet area.
- Dry wet cushions and lift up furniture on wood blocks with foil underneath furniture base.
- Open all affected drawers to dry the woodwork and its contents.
- Store photos, paintings and other art in a safe and dry location.
- Pull out and dry damp fabrics as soon as you can.
- Withdraw wet books from cases and peel apart pages as much as you can.
- Never use a normal vacuum cleaner to soak up water.
- Abstain from using electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors.
- Don’t step in stationary water if the electricity is still on around it.
- Never pull up carpet because it can cause improper shrinkage.
- Do not procrastinate calling professional restoration. More damage will happen the longer you wait.
If there is water damage in your home, don’t wait to get it cleaned up. Call Paul Davis of Vernonia, OR today for a quote.