The Best Water Damage Services in Scappoose, OR
We need water to survive, but it has the possibility to be hazardous in the wrong place. Problems like leaky appliances, defective plumbing, inadequate HVAC units or burst pipes can cause overflow that harms your home. Paul Davis Restoration executes effective, efficient water damage restoration on behalf of homeowners in the greater Scappoose area.
After taking on water damage, your property requires more than a basic vacuum to dry extra water. Surfaces like ceilings are typically more discolored and wet than they appear. Old water damage also compromises a home’s foundation and adds to mold proliferation in hidden corners. Ignoring water damage can cost you time and money as a homeowner. The Paul Davis Restoration cleanup technicians remedy these issues to make sure that your home returns to a livable state rapidly.
We are well-known in the Scappoose area as a high-quality and affordable water damage restoration company. Since mold growth is often a consequence of water damage, you should go to our mold removal services page for help if you see any growth in your house. Paul Davis restoration professionals let our results speak for themselves when handling leaks on your property. Scappoose residents can count on our professionals to eliminate water from your home in an hour or less.
Water Damage Cleanup Tips
If you discover water damage in your basement, follow these precautions to ensure safe restoration:
- Set up dehumidifiers by the flooded spot.
- Use two or more fans to allow air to circle and dry the area.
- Mop up as much water as possible.
- Loop drapes through a coat hanger and place them on the drapery rod. This keeps curtains away from the wet area.
- Dry wet cushions and elevate furniture on wood blocks with foil beneath furniture base.
- Open all damp drawers to dry the woodwork and its contents.
- Store photos, paintings and other art in a secure and dry location.
- Extract and dry damp fabrics as soon as you can.
- Remove damp books from cases and separate pages as much as you can.
- Never use a regular vacuum cleaner to soak up water.
- Avoid using electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors.
- Don’t step in still water if the electricity is still on around it.
- Never pull up carpet because it can cause unseemly shrinkage.
- Do not procrastinate calling professional restoration. More damage will happen the longer you wait.
Do you have water damage in your house? Don’t wait to call an expert. Call Paul Davis of Scappoose, OR today for a quote.