Superior Water Damage Solutions in Saint Helens, OR
Humans require water for existence, but it has the possibility to be hazardous in the wrong place. Problems like leaky appliances, malfunctioning plumbing, broken HVAC units or burst pipes can cause overflow that damages your home. Paul Davis Restoration executes high-quality, efficient water damage restoration to help homeowners in the greater Saint Helens area.
After experiencing water damage, your property requires more than a basic vacuum to dry excess water. Surfaces like ceilings are usually more discolored and drenched than they appear. Aged water damage also endangers a home’s foundation and adds to mold growth in hidden corners. Neglecting water damage can cost you time and money as a homeowner. The Paul Davis Restoration cleanup technicians fix these problems to ensure your home returns to a habitable state immediately.
Paul Davis Restoration is respected in the Saint Helens area as a superior and affordable water damage restoration company. Since mold growth is often a side effect of water damage, you should visit our mold removal services page for help if you spot any growth in your house. Paul Davis restoration technicians let our results speak for themselves when repairing leaks in your home. Saint Helens residents can rely on our professionals to eliminate water from your property in an hour or less.
Water Damage Cleanup Tips
If you notice water damage in your basement, follow these precautions to guarantee safe restoration:
- Place dehumidifiers by the flooded spot.
- Use two or more fans to allow air to circle and dry the area.
- Clean up as much water as possible.
- Loop drapes through a coat hanger and hang them on the drapery rod. This protects curtains from the wet area.
- Dry wet cushions and raise furniture on wood blocks with foil beneath furniture base.
- Open all damp drawers to dry the woodwork and its contents.
- Move photos, paintings and art to a safe and dry location.
- Pull out and dry damp fabrics as soon as you can.
- Withdraw damp books from cases and divide pages as much as you can.
- Do not use a normal vacuum cleaner to soak up water.
- Abstain from using electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors.
- Never step in dormant water if the electricity is still on around it.
- Do not lift the carpet up because it can cause unseemly shrinkage.
- Do not procrastinate calling professional restoration. More damage will occur the longer you wait.
Get in Touch With Us
If burst pipes or another event has caused water damage in your home, don’t wait to get it cleaned up. Call Paul Davis of Saint Helens, OR today for a quote.