The Best Water Damage Solutions in Portland, OR
Humans require water for existence, but it has the possibility to be hazardous in the wrong place. Problems like leaky appliances, malfunctioning plumbing, inadequate HVAC units or cracked pipes can cause overflow that damages your home. Paul Davis Restoration performs high-quality, efficient water damage restoration for homeowners in the greater Portland area.
After experiencing water damage, your property needs more than a basic vacuum to dry extra water. Surfaces like ceilings are usually more stained and soaked than they appear. Aged water damage also endangers a home’s foundation and adds to mold proliferation in hidden corners. Ignoring water damage can be costly and time-consuming for homeowners. The Paul Davis Restoration cleanup technicians fix these issues to ensure your home returns to a livable state quickly.
Paul Davis Restoration is respected in the Portland area as a top-notch and reasonably priced water damage restoration company. Since mold growth is often a consequence of water damage, you should go to our mold removal services page for help if you see any growth in your home. Our professionals let our results be our proof when repairing leaks in your home. Portland residents can depend on our professionals to eliminate water from your home in an hour or less.
Information about Water Damage
If you notice water damage in any room in your house, adhere to these safety measures to guarantee safe restoration:
- Set up dehumidifiers by the flooded area.
- Use two or more fans to allow air to circle and dry the area.
- Mop up as much water as possible.
- Loop draperies through a coat hanger and hang them on the drapery rod. This protects curtains from the wet area.
- Dry wet cushions and lift up furniture on wood blocks with foil underneath furniture base.
- Open all damp drawers to dry the woodwork and its contents.
- Move photos, paintings and art to a safe and dry location.
- Pull out and dry damp fabrics as soon as you can.
- Withdraw wet books from cases and peel apart pages as much as you can.
- Never use a normal vacuum cleaner to soak up water.
- Abstain from using electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors.
- Don’t step in standing water if the electricity is still on around it.
- Never lift the carpet up because it can cause unseemly shrinkage.
- Do not procrastinate calling professional restoration. More damage will occur the longer you wait.
Get in Touch With Us
If there is water damage in your home, don’t wait to take care of it. Call Paul Davis of Portland, OR today for an estimate.