The Best Water Damage Services in Portland, OR
We need water to survive, but it has potential to be hazardous in the wrong place. Problems like leaky appliances, defective plumbing, broken HVAC units or burst pipes can cause overflow that affects your home. Paul Davis Restoration performs professional, efficient water damage restoration for homeowners in the greater Portland area.
Once it’s undergone water damage, your property needs more than a standard vacuum to dry excess water. Surfaces like carpets are often more stained and drenched than they appear. Aged water damage also compromises a home’s foundation and adds to mold proliferation in hidden corners. Overlooking water damage can cost you time and money as a homeowner. The Paul Davis Restoration cleanup technicians solve these issues to ensure your home returns to a inhabitable state rapidly.
Paul Davis Restoration is well-known in the Portland area as a top-notch and affordable water damage restoration company. Since mold growth is often a side effect of water damage, you should go to our mold removal services page for help if you spot any growth in your house. Our professionals let our results be our proof when repairing leaks on your property. Portland residents can depend on our professionals to extract water from your home in an hour or less.
Information about Water Damage
If you notice water damage in a specific area of your home, adhere to these safety measures to ensure safe restoration:
- Use dehumidifiers by the flooded area.
- Use two or more fans to circulate the air and dry the area.
- Mop up as much water as possible.
- Loop drapes through a coat hanger and put them on the drapery rod. This keeps curtains away from the wet area.
- Dry wet cushions and raise furniture on wood blocks with foil beneath furniture base.
- Open all affected drawers to dry the woodwork and its contents.
- Move photos, paintings and art to a safe and dry location.
- Pull out and dry damp fabrics as soon as you can.
- Withdraw wet books from cases and peel apart pages as much as you can.
- Do not use a regular vacuum cleaner to soak up water.
- Abstain from using electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors.
- Never step in still water if the electricity is still switched on around it.
- Do not lift the carpet up because it can cause improper shrinkage.
- Do not procrastinate calling professional restoration. More damage will happen the longer you wait.
Get in Touch With Us
If burst pipes or another incident has caused water damage in your home, don’t wait to handle it. Call Paul Davis of Portland, OR today for a quote.