The Best Water Damage Solutions in Gresham, OR
We need water to survive, but it has the possibility to be dangerous in the wrong place. Problems like leaky appliances, malfunctioning plumbing, inadequate HVAC units or burst pipes can cause overflow that damages your home. Paul Davis Restoration performs specialized, efficient water damage restoration for homeowners in the greater Gresham area.
Once it’s undergone water damage, your property needs more than a simple vacuum to dry surplus water. Surfaces like walls are usually more discolored and soaked than they appear. Aged water damage also endangers a home’s foundation and increases mold growth in hidden corners. Neglecting water damage can be costly and time-consuming for homeowners. The Paul Davis Restoration cleanup technicians solve these problems to ensure your home returns to a livable state quickly.
Paul Davis Restoration is renowned in the Gresham area as a superior and affordable water damage restoration company. Since mold growth is often a side effect of water damage, you should visit our mold removal services page for help if you see any growth in your home. Paul Davis restoration technicians let our results be our proof when cleaning up leaks in your home. Gresham residents can count on our professionals to extract water from your property in an hour or less.
Advice for Water Damage Cleanup
If you find water damage in any room in your house, follow these precautions to ensure safe restoration:
- Place dehumidifiers by the flooded spot.
- Use two or more fans to allow air to circle and dry the area.
- Mop up as much water as possible.
- Loop drapes through a coat hanger and put them on the drapery rod. This protects curtains from the wet area.
- Dry wet cushions and raise furniture on wood blocks with foil underneath furniture base.
- Open all affected drawers to dry the woodwork and its contents.
- Move photos, paintings and art to a secure and dry location.
- Extract and dry damp fabrics as soon as you can.
- Transfer wet books from cases and divide pages as much as you can.
- Do not use a normal vacuum cleaner to soak up water.
- Avoid using electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors.
- Don’t step in stagnant water if the electricity is still on around it.
- Do not pull up carpet because it can cause unseemly shrinkage.
- Do not wait to call for professional restoration. More damage will happen the longer you wait.
If there is water damage in your home, don’t wait to get it cleaned up. Call Paul Davis of Gresham, OR today for an estimate.