Paul Davis Restoration Water Damage Services in Gresham, OR
We need water to survive, but it has potential to be dangerous in the wrong place. Issues like leaky appliances, deficient plumbing, inadequate HVAC units or burst pipes can cause overflow that damages your home. Paul Davis Restoration performs specialized, efficient water damage restoration to help homeowners in the greater Gresham area.
After experiencing water damage, your property needs more than a simple vacuum to dry excess water. Surfaces like ceilings are usually more stained and soaked than they appear. Pre-existing water damage also endangers a home’s foundation and increases mold proliferation in hidden corners. Overlooking water damage can cost you time and money as a homeowner. The Paul Davis Restoration cleanup technicians take care of these problems to ensure your home returns to a inhabitable state quickly.
We are respected in the Gresham area as a top-notch and reasonably priced water damage restoration company. Since mold growth is often a consequence of water damage, you should visit our mold removal services page for help if you notice any growth in your house. Our professionals let our results be our proof when cleaning up leaks on your property. Gresham residents can depend on our professionals to remove water from your property in an hour or less.
Information about Water Damage
If you find water damage in any room in your house, follow these safety measures to ensure safe restoration:
- Use dehumidifiers by the flooded area.
- Use two or more fans to circulate the air and dry the area.
- Clean up as much water as possible.
- Loop draperies through a coat hanger and place them on the drapery rod. This protects curtains from the wet area.
- Dry wet cushions and elevate furniture on wood blocks with foil beneath furniture base.
- Open all damaged drawers to dry the woodwork and its contents.
- Move photos, paintings and art to a secure and dry location.
- Remove and dry damp fabrics as soon as you can.
- Remove damp books from cases and peel apart pages as much as you can.
- Never use a standard vacuum cleaner to soak up water.
- Avoid using electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors.
- Don’t step in still water if the electricity is still on around it.
- Never lift the carpet up because it can cause unseemly shrinkage.
- Do not wait to call for professional restoration. More damage will happen the longer you wait.
If burst pipes or another event has caused water damage in your home, don’t wait to take care of it. Call Paul Davis of Gresham, OR today for a quote.